Churchill Management Group’s 401(k) Planning Services allow you, as the Plan Sponsor, to offer a professional money manager with over 50 years of experience to each of your employees rather than offering the typical basket of mutual funds. All members of your plan may have access to the expertise of a money management firm whose unique strategies have helped individual investors reach their financial objectives within their separately managed accounts since 1963. Churchill Management Group works in conjunction with unaffiliated third parties who act as a custodian and TPA.
Contact Churchill Management Group today to find out more information about our forward-thinking approach to 401(k) planning services for your organization.
401(k) Planning Services: Our Approach
Churchill Management Group
- Assists plan sponsors with satisfying fiduciary responsibility and manage plan assets. Churchill Management Group will partner closely with plan sponsors to make sure that they are aware of and are fully satisfying all such fiduciary responsibilities while providing assistance in the management of plan assets in a way that is most appropriate given their current or projected employee demographic.
- Provides individualized plans for participants and/or pooled plans. Churchill Management Group will provide both individual plan and pooled plan participants with a menu to help better meet the unique goals of all participants involved.
- May hold annual meetings to increase enrollment/participation and to educate plan participants. Churchill Management Group can offer these meetings as-needed to make sure that employees understand not only their options but which ones are the most appropriate given their own personal long-term goals. Helping employees understand, as it relates to investment options and performance, can also drive more people to participate in the plan.
- Ongoing service and communication. Churchill Management Group will work with the plan sponsor to evaluate the best possible investment options, all while providing local representation on an as-needed basis.
- Holds plan assets and provides contribution/disbursement handling. Contribution handling refers to the management of all funds that are being put into the 401(k) plan by employees and employers regularly. Disbursement handling makes sure that all funds are distributed from retirement accounts in the most appropriate way.
- Provides operational services such as issuing monthly and annual statements.
- Executes and confirms plan trades. The custodian typically is responsible for executing the trading instructions based upon your employee’s investment decisions.
- Churchill Management Group works in conjunction with an unaffiliated third party who will act as the designated TPA.
- The TPA may assist with compliance and administrative responsibilities, to help ease this burden on behalf of plan sponsors.
- The open architecture in terms of plan design gives Churchill Management Group the flexibility needed to create a customized menu for participants from an array of investment options.
- Each plan will receive a dedicated administrative consultant and/or team, along with a daily valuation of participants’ accounts.
- Online access for plan sponsors and participants will be available to create total visibility for all involved.
Assisting With Your Fiduciary Responsibilities
Churchill Management Group can assist the plan sponsor, as their investment advisor, in satisfying the plan sponsor’s fiduciary responsibility to choose appropriate investment options. Churchill Management Group will walk the plan sponsor through the process of selecting a plan offering that is appropriate for their employee demographic. Churchill Management Group can provide periodic employee meetings to best explain the employees’ options. Furthermore, Churchill Management Group will meet with the plan sponsor regularly to review investment options and performance.
Designing a Plan
When designing a menu for employee-directed qualified retirement plans, a plan sponsor should evaluate the plan’s varying needs. No single investment option will serve the interests of all employees. Fiduciaries should seek a mix of investment options sufficient to allow employees to build their portfolios appropriate for their individual needs and profiles. This also relieves fiduciaries from responsibility for employees’ investment choices, as permitted by ERISA. Churchill Management Group offers a breadth of solutions that enable plans with all types of employee demographics to meet these goals in a cost-effective manner.
A plan may offer an expanded menu that provides equity strategies that follow various investment styles and objectives. Churchill Management Group provides professionally managed risk tolerance strategies designed for every stage of life in addition to external mutual fund options.
How Churchill Management Group Can Help
Churchill Management Group’s 401(k) planning services allow plan sponsors to offer their employees access to a professional money manager with many years of experience to help get them to and through retirement. In addition to assisting plan sponsors in satisfying all of their fiduciary responsibilities, Churchill Management Group can offer the type of money management benefits, along with the superior service and communication, that employees and plan sponsors may be unable to get on their own.
401(k) Planning FAQs
*Financial Planning Services Disclosure
Financial Planning Services Disclosure; Churchill provides financial planning services to Clients that specifically engage Churchill for that service. The planning can include defining goals, designing a plan, assisting with implementing the plan, and evaluating and adjusting the plan over time, at the request of the client. The financial planning includes advice regarding securities investing and may include discussions of a client’s tax, insurance, employee benefits, estate planning, and other issues. Churchill, however, does not provide legal, insurance, employee benefit, estate planning, tax, or accounting advice, and the client must rely on legal, insurance, and accounting professionals for that advice and documentation.